Our Sailing Day

Last Thursday it was a beautiful sunny day to go sailing. Room 7 and Room 6 marched down to Panmure Basin to practise sailing. We walked there for 5 minutes and everyone was tired except for Geo, Kava, Me and Jaeden. Once we were there there was a lady, Steph, who taught us how to sail. Steph had two partners that helped us if we were in trouble.

Room 7 went sailing first and Room 6 was on land. There were activities on land that were fun to learn about. I wanted to go on the boat first but we just had to wait patiently for Room 7 to finish their turn.

We learned about pulleys and knots.The first activity was to put sand in a bag. It was 4 kg we tied a pulley to the bag and tied it to a knot and we had to try and pull it. 

After 1 and a half hours it was our turn to go sailing. I was sailing with my friend Kava. We were bad at the start but when we kept trying we got better at sailing. Me and my other friend swapped boats. Steph asked me if I wanted to sail by myself and I said yes. I was afraid the first few minutes because I had to do two jobs at a time.

For a few minutes I was feeling proud of myself because I learnt something new. I was exuberant. I was sailing fast and I almost lost control. My other friends needed some help and I helped them.

They announced the best sailor of the day and they picked me because I was sailing by myself very well.

It was time to go back to school.I was happy when we came back from sailing because I was exhausted.It was an enjoyable experience.

Sailing was fun.I had a very exuberant day.I was sad because i wanted to go back to sailing but i hope we go sailing again.